Iowa Office Injuries Attorneys
Though offices may seem fairly safe, injuries at the office occur much more often than one might think. Getting hurt while at work is frustrating, as it may lead to medical bills, time off, and even lost wages. At the LaMarca Law Group, P.C., our Iowa office injury attorneys understand how difficult life after an office injury can be. We strive to relieve you financially so that you can focus on recovering.
Common Office Injuries
Though office injuries can occur in a variety of ways, the following four causes of office injuries are by far the most common:
- Falls in the Office – Office falls are the most common cause of office injuries, and their injury is more likely to cause a disability than those who work outside of an office. Common causes of falls include:
- Wet flooring
- Unstable stepladders or chairs
- Open drawers
- Loose carpeting or uneven flooring
- Lifting – Sprains and muscle tears are commonly caused by lifting heavy objects like files in the office. Muscles are often weakened due to office chairs, so being asked to lift a heavy object in an office can cause intense strain on muscles and joints.
- Falling Objects – Surprisingly, falling objects commonly cause injuries in the workplace. Some common falling objects in the office include:
- Small but dangerous objects such as coffee mugs
- Heavy furniture like a filing cabinet that falls over
- Clothing that falls into a paper shredder
- Falling over in an unstable office chair
- Ergonomics – When office equipment is not ergonomically suited to employees, injuries tend to occur. Computer screens that are not at eye level can cause neck strain and other injuries. Computer screens are known to cause vision issues and eye injuries.
Contact an Office Injuries Attorney in Iowa
If you are suffering from an injury that occurred in your office, you may be eligible for compensation. Our experienced office injuries attorneys at the LaMarca Law Group, P.C.. Understand how unfortunate such an injury can be, and believe your office should be held liable for your suffering. To speak with a member of our legal team, call (515) 225-2600.