Treating Chemical Burns
Caustic chemicals can be encountered in a variety of places, from the office to the home, and if they are not stored and moved safely you may become exposed to these substances in a dangerous manner which causes injury to your person. Chemical burns can result in serious injuries that require expensive medical treatment, and sometimes leave disfiguring scars.
If you have suffered chemical burns due to the negligence of another party, you are likely entitled to compensation for your medical expenses and other damages. Contact the experienced Des Moines injury attorneys of LaMarca Law Group, P.C., at (515) 225-2600 to learn more about your legal options and how to begin the process of a lawsuit.
Different types of chemical burns require different treatments in order to nullify their effects, and it is important to know how to react to different types of burns. Follow these steps:
- Identify the chemical if you are able to.
- Use lukewarm water to rinse away the chemical and clean the burn in the majority of cases.
- If dealing with carbolic acid or another phenol-based chemical, use rubbing alcohol to rinse the burned area.
- For sulfuric acid or other hydrofluoric chemicals, use a baking soda solution or soapy water.
- Call the CDC or emergency services as quickly as possible to receive professional care.
Being able to effective treat a chemical burn immediately can mean the difference between a minor injury and a much more serious one.
If another party’s negligence or recklessness has caused you to sustain chemical burns, we can help you to hold them accountable. Contact a Des Moines Workers Compensation Lawyer atLaMarca Law Group, P.C., by calling (515) 225-2600 for a free consultation to discuss the details of your case.