Des Moines Pharmacy Errors Lawyers
The medications that are presently available to treat, cure, or simply contain the symptoms of an illness or disease are unrivaled by anything known in history. When prescribed and used properly, they can significantly improve a patient’s quality of life and may even save him or her from a preventable death. But the powerful chemical properties of pharmaceutical drugs make any error potentially devastating, as there can be severe adverse reactions resulting in a worsening of an existing condition or the introduction of a new and deadly ailment.
Despite the high stakes involved, pharmacists and other pharmacy employees still fail to grant their responsibilities the attention that is needed to avoid harming innocent patients. If you have been injured by a pharmacy error, contact the Des Moines pharmacy error lawyers of LaMarca Law Group, P.C. at (515) 225-2600. One of our skilled and experienced attorneys can help you to determine if seeking legal action may be in your best interest.
The attorneys at LaMarca Law Group, P.C. are well known within our community and have been trusted by injured patients for years. We handle thousands of cases, fight for multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts, and defend victims against even the largest companies and corporations. We care about the health of Iowans, and our efforts to improve the health care industry have been locally and nationally recognized. When a careless pharmacy error leaves a victim with expensive medical bills, we want to help. Contact LaMarca Law Group, P.C. at (515) 225-2600 today for more information about how we can fight on your behalf.
Do I Need a Pharmacy Errors Lawyer?
If you are suffering as a result of a pharmacy error, you have to file a successful lawsuit to get compensation. That said, filing a lawsuit in a pharmacy errors case without a lawyer can be difficult and frustrating. The attorneys at LaMarca Law Group, P.C. know this filing process well. We have filed thousands of cases on behalf of injured clients. Our attorneys, accountants, and investigators can handle every step of filing your lawsuit so that you may have peace of mind during this stressful time. We can evaluate your case, determine liability, analyze facts, conduct interviews, formulate arguments, and create a strategy to get you a fair compensation award.
Pharmacy errors result in seemingly endless expenses. Medical bills, pain and suffering, loss of earnings, therapy, and other costs pile up quickly. Pharmacies will fight ruthlessly to keep you from getting a fair amount of compensation. Our attorneys are skilled negotiators and litigators. We understand the best tactics to use in order to get the highest amount of compensation possible. With our help, you are more likely to receive the full amount of compensation you deserve, and with much less stress for you.
Why Choose LaMarca Law Group, P.C. to Handle My Case?
There are many law firms in Des Moines, but not every law firm is capable of successfully handling your pharmacy errors case. Here are some facts that make LaMarca Law Group, P.C. unique:
- Professional Recognition – LaMarca Law Group, P.C. is an award-winning firm. Our lawyers are continually recognized by U.S. News & World Report and Best Law Firms as a Metropolitan Tier 1 Des Moines law firm in Personal Injury-Plaintiffs and Medical Malpractice-Plaintiffs. We are the only law firm in Iowa that is a member firm in the International Network of Boutique Law Firms. LaMarca Law Group, P.C. holds the highest ranking possible by Martindale-Hubbell®.
- Notable Representation – Not all law firms have the resources to fight against large companies on behalf of injured Iowans. LaMarca Law Group, P.C. has litigated cases against Washington National Insurance Company, Allied Insurance Company, State Farm Insurance Company, American Family Insurance Company, Allstate Insurance Company, Employers Mutual Casualty Company, and countless others. LaMarca Law Group, P.C. will fight to defend your rights, even against the most intimidating defendants.
- Results – We have a proven track record of delivering compensation awards to our clients. Some of our proudest accomplishments include a $2 million class action settlement for patients who overpaid for medical services, a $175,000 jury verdict against a Des Moines orthopedic surgeon, and a $2 million jury verdict after a spine surgery operation left a woman partially disabled.
If you are the victim of a pharmacy error, you should not have to suffer through it alone. LaMarca Law Group, P.C. is standing by to provide top-notch representation and get you the full amount of compensation you deserve.
Common Pharmacy Errors
It is alarming to consider how easily a pharmacy error can complicate or end one’s life. Confusing drug names, similar packaging, differing units of measurement, and a variety of other seemingly minor issues can quickly become disastrous. Though new laws and regulations have been introduced to limit the reach of these hazards, it is still incumbent upon a pharmacy to establish internal policies and procedures that maximize the safety of patients and for its workers to adhere to those standards.
Unfortunately common pharmacy errors include:
- Wrong dosage: The difference in strength between a 5mg drug and a 500mg drug can be extreme. Pharmacies must ensure that the dose of your medication is correct. Drugs are more powerful today than ever, and taking an incorrect amount can cause overdoses, comas, and even death. The attorneys at LaMarca Law Group, P.C. have the experience in getting compensation for victims in the most severe cases.
- Wrong drug: Some pharmacy errors cases involve victims receiving the wrong drug. Taking a medication other than the one prescribed by your doctor can cause allergic reactions, blood toxicity, internal bleeding, and permanent injuries including brain damage and organ failure.
- Contaminated drug mixtures: If the drug you take is contaminated, you can end up with serious medical complications, including adverse drug reactions.
- Mislabeling: An incorrect label can cause a drug overdose or ineffective treatment of an existing condition. Labeling errors may also result in a victim following the wrong usage directions or not being aware of the powerful side effects of a particular drug. You might not discover that you’re a victim of a labeling error until you find yourself experiencing severe pain or other life-altering symptoms.
- Improper use and storage directions: It’s important that drugs are correctly stored while on pharmacy shelves. Some medications require refrigeration and will lose strength and effectiveness if not properly stored.
- Discontinued drug: When a dangerous drug is recalled or discontinued, your pharmacist has to notify you. You should never take a recalled or discontinued drug as this can cause severe health problems. Injuries resulting from these drugs are a common type of pharmacy error that LaMarca Law Group, P.C. handles.
Unfortunately, some pharmacy errors can result in death to the patient. If your loved one has passed away after a pharmacy error, you may be able to pursue a wrongful death claim against the negligent party. Through this claim, you may be able to recover financial compensation for medical expenses, funeral costs, lost financial support, lost emotional support, and more.
LaMarca Law Group, P.C. represents victims in all kinds of pharmacy errors cases. If you’re the victim of a pharmacy error in Iowa, contact LaMarca Law Group, P.C. for help. When your pharmacy gives you the wrong drug, our compassionate attorneys are here to defend your rights.
The attorneys at LaMarca Law Group, P.C. have over twenty-five years of experience helping victims of pharmacy errors in the Des Moines area and throughout Iowa. We know that Iowans deserve the best medical care possible, and they should never suffer physically or emotionally as a result of a pharmacy error. Our attorneys know how to handle these complex cases. Let us fight for your right to compensation so that you can focus on healing from your injuries. Don’t wait until it’s too late to file a lawsuit.
If you have been sickened due to a medical mistake, then it may be appropriate to file a lawsuit against the negligent pharmacist responsible for your illness. Contact the Des Moines medical malpractice lawyers of LaMarca Law Group, P.C. today at (515) 225-2600.