Couple Files Lawsuit Against Landlord for Apartment Fire

A couple from Des Moines, Iowa recently filed a lawsuit against their former landlord, who they say caused the death of their granddaughter duringĀ a fire at their apartment.

The tragic fire occurred in 2009 after the couple’s neighbor fell asleep while smoking a cigarette. While trying to escape the fire, the couple and their 10-year-old granddaughter were unable to escape from the apartment because their windows were painted shut. The couple’s granddaughter died a day after the fire from smoke inhalation and the man and woman were in comas for several months.

The couple is suing the landlord for painting their windows shut and indirectly causing the death of their granddaughter. They are seeking punitive damages.

If you or someone you love has been injured in a fire, please contact the Des Moines fire injury lawyers of LaMarca Law Group, P.C., at (515) 225-2600.


SEO for Lawyers