Ryan C. Nixon, JD, MBA, CPA
LaMarca Law Group, P.C.
1820 N.W. 118th Street, Suite 200
Des Moines, Iowa 50325
Telephone: (515) 225-2600
Ryan C. Nixon graduated with High Distinction from The University of Iowa with a BBA in Accounting. He then worked as an auditor for the Defense Contract Audit Agency under the U.S. Department of Defense. Mr. Nixon then went back to school and obtained a joint degree from Drake University. He received his JD with High Honors from Drake Law School and his Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from Drake University College of Business and Public Administration. He is licensed to practice law in the State of Iowa.
Mr. Nixon is part of LaMarca Law Group, P.C.’s Business Litigation Group, and engages in general practice including but not limited to business, construction and commercial law, contracts, and taxation, and also has litigation experience in these areas. He holds an active certified public accountant (CPA) license in the State of Iowa.
In the Spring of 2012, Mr. Nixon was selected by Drake University to teach Accounting and the Law as an adjunct professor. The class covered agency law, business organizations, securities law and property and was taken primarily by graduate-level accounting students. In the Fall of 2012, Mr. Nixon taught Business Law to undergraduate-level students at Drake. The course covered multiple areas of the law that impact the operation of a business, including torts, contracts and the UCC.
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Iowa
- Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa, J.D.
- Honors: High Honors
- Drake University College of Business & Public Administration, Des Moines, Iowa, MBA
- The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, BBA – Accounting
- Honors: High Distinction
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Iowa State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Beta Gamma Sigma, Business Fraternity
- Delta Theta Phi, Legal Fraternity