Ryan C. Nixon, JD, MBA, CPA
LaMarca Law Group, P.C.
1820 NW 118th St #200
Des Moines, IA 50325
Telephone: (515) 225-2600
Ryan C. Nixon graduated with High Distinction from The University of Iowa with a BBA in Accounting. He then worked as an auditor for the Defense Contract Audit Agency under the U.S. Department of Defense. Mr. Nixon then went back to school and obtained a joint degree from Drake University. He received his JD with High Honors from Drake Law School and his Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from Drake University College of Business and Public Administration. He is licensed to practice law in all the state and federal courts in Iowa.
Mr. Nixon engages in general practice including but not limited to personal injury, automobile injury, business, legal malpractice, construction and commercial law, and also has litigation experience in these areas. He holds an active certified public accountant (CPA) license in the State of Iowa.
Mr. Nixon previously taught graduate-level and undergraduate business classes at Drake University as an adjunct professor. When not practicing law, he enjoys spending time with his family and following Iowa Hawkeyes sports.
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Iowa
- Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa, J.D.
- High Honors
- Drake University College of Business & Public Administration, Des Moines, Iowa, MBA
- The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, BBA – Accounting
- Honors: High Distinction
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Iowa State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Beta Gamma Sigma, Business Fraternity
- Delta Theta Phi, Legal Fraternity
- Great Plains Super Lawyers, Rising Star — 2019-Present