Areas of Personal Injury Law
Personal injury lawsuits are filed by individuals seeking compensation for their pain and suffering in addition to other damages. The right to compensation is governed by tort laws which require an individual to prove their injury was caused by the negligence of another party. Victims should speak with a personal injury lawyer about the circumstances of their injury to determine whether it may be appropriate to consider pursuing legal action.
If you or your loved one has been injured due to the negligence of another person or organization, contact the Des Moines personal injury attorneys of LaMarca Law Group, P.C., by calling (515) 225-2600 today.
Different Kinds of Claims
There are many different classifications of lawsuits that fall under the broad umbrella of personal injury claims, united by the common factor of a breach of responsibility to the victim that was held by the defendant. The following are some of the different kinds of claims that may be pursued:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – Car, bus, motorcycle, and any other kind of vehicle accident may be directly related to the negligence of the car manufacturer, car design, or other drivers on the road. The negligent party may be required to pay for their irresponsibility.
- Premises Liability – Acts of negligence on the part of property owners or agents that lead to an injury on their property may be just cause for a premises liability lawsuit.
- Product Liability – Defective products, such as drugs, food products, toys, and vehicles that cause injuries may warrant a product liability lawsuit.
- Medical Malpractice – Every year, millions of people are victims of a medical professional’s negligent mistakes. Financial compensation may be available for victims through a medical malpractice claim.
- Wrongful Death – This area of personal injury law involves cases in which the wrongful death of a victim is directly caused by the negligent action or inaction of another party. In the event the individual has lost their life, their family may be entitled to compensation.
In order for compensation to be received, the case must meet the four elements of negligence tort law. The experienced and dedicated Des Moines personal injury attorneys of LaMarca Law Group, P.C. can help you to fully investigate your accident and fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact our Des Moines personal injury lawyers today by calling (515) 225-2600.